This page will be updated regularly
If you can’t find what you are looking for here, please use this contact form to email us and ask questions.
Help using Africaretails
1.Minors on Africaretails
Individuals under the age of 18 are considered minors on Africaretails.
Minors under age 13 are not allowed on Africaretails. Minors age 13 and over may use the site, but they must have a parent or legal guardian manage their Africaretails accounts. Additionally, those under the age of 18 may not use Africaretails’s community features under any circumstances.
The following restrictions are in place for legal reasons, not because we think kids or teens are any less creative or capable.
Accounts on Africaretails
All minors, both buyers and sellers, must follow these policies on Africaretails:
- Minors may not make purchases unless they’re under the direct supervision of the parent or legal guardian who manages their account.
- All financial information on the account, such as a credit card, must be that of a parent or guardian.
- Minors must update their profile to disclose who is involved in the account, e.g., “[Minor’s first name] has permission to make purchases on Africaretails, and her/his parent/guardian oversees this Africaretails account.”
- The parent/guardian of a minor must write to email@example.com with a statement of permission and confirmation of the minor’s age. The subject line should be “Parent/Guardian of [Africaretails username] wishes to activate account.”
Selling on Africaretails
Minors who wish to sell on Africaretails must follow some additional policies:
- Use the “About section” of your profile to disclose all members of the shop, including the parent or legal guardian.
- All billing information must belong to the parent/guardian responsible for the account.
- If using Africaretails Payments, register with the parent/guardian’s information.