Some people already have their mind set on becoming entrepreneurs while others have not arrived at that decision yet. Many become entrepreneurs because of their inability to secure white collar jobs which is not a bad thing rather its a great thing because it affords you the opportunity to become your own boss and with the right moves become very successful entrepreneurs.
The first step in becoming an entrepreneur is to pay attention to your environment. Look around you, take note of the problems around you, how does these problems affect people?, how willing are people to pay for a solution to this problem? What market segment can you target that will bring you the you the most benefit?. To be able to do this you have to talk to people and get their opinions; friends, family, colleagues and entrepreneurs with more experience. Read business related books and articles. You can also explore social media and visit different business pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+
After gathering enough information and doing your research, you should have a clear picture of that you want to do. Usually at this stage many people are overwhelmed and start to overthink/ over-calculate. Doing this gets many people scared and start to have doubt regarding starting the business. Doubt could be; not having enough capital, timing not being right, there are already people rendering this service, people might not like my service or product, people won’t be willing to pay for my service or product….. and the list goes on. To move on as an entrepreneur you have to overcome all this self-doubts, set the doubts aside and JUST DO IT!
One way of doing this is to “JUST DO IT” Start, do a test run with the resources available to you because if you don’t test run there’s no way to know for sure. Doing a test run gives you a heads up and a leverage. Test running will help choose your mode of advertisements, market segmentation and most importantly help in drawing your business model/ plan.
- Get over the fear and anxiety; anything that suggests that you shouldn’t do it, get rid of the thought and get on with it!
- Don’t over complicate things, just Keep it SImple Stupid! start with an MVP (Most Viable Product); make a list and start with the very basics that solves the initial basic problem and move on from there.
- Make whatever you want to do BEAUTIFUL.
- You are stronger than you think. You are smart enough to change the world for the better.
- If the situation gets critical, maybe intense…. take a step back, relax, take a coffee or tea (or whatever fluid does it for you), chill, sip refresh your mind and memory, recount your steps and determine your next step… If this doesn’t work; just take a cold bath, sleep, when you wake up you will most likely get an epiphany.
- Do it with love and care
- See 1-6.